Final Reflection

Final Reflection
As I complete my last assignment for this course, I realize that I did not put as much into it as I could have gotten out of this. (That suggestion was made by the professor himself before the class started.) Although I have learned so much and have most definitely improved since the beginning of the year, I do wish I put in more effort into the beginning of the course. The most formative assignment we had to complete was pretty early in the semester, however, I have never forgotten it. We were asked to find five local news articles from anywhere. After summarizing the article, we were asked to find the opportunity, or problem, discussed in the article and how we could fix it. It was interesting to me that silly little articles, I wouldn’t think twice about, would have such large opportunities and I thought of ways to innovate. I use the skills that assignment taught me very often in other classes. I really appreciated how many times we would do an assignment throughout the semester. We completed three elevator pitches, allowing us to perfect it as best we could. Practice really improves the ability to do something and i think that is proven a lot in this class. I would consider myself an entrepreneur if I had the right motivation and passion to be one. I believe I have the knowledge and background to pursue that lifestyle if ever needed, however, nothing right now would motivate me enough to become one. If I could make any suggestion to future students, I would recommend completing every assignment to the best of your ability. Missing one can get you behind pretty quickly, so you always want to be on  top of your game. The first assignment you complete will somehow connect and relate to the last; because of this, you want to make sure to maintain the same level of effort throughout the entirety of the course. Please Know that you will benefit from taking this course!


Comments

  1. I 100% agree with you that what you put into this class is what you get out of it. It's possible to slide by and put the bare minimum into every assignment and cut corners, but in the long run that's only hurting yourself. If you want to get the most out of this class you need to do each assignment to the best of your ability; the material accumulates in this class and if you put in maximum effort you will come out knowing a lot more about entrepreneurship than when you started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed working alongside you this semester and fully support your statement on the result of practicing. I found that my elevator pitches improved each time I did them but my confidence for speaking on camera also improved. I was very nervous at the beginning and by the end, I felt as if I was speaking to my friends. I also agree with the recommendation of staying on top of the assignments. Missing assignments can be costly and without exams and many extra credit opportunities, your grade will head south quickly. Keep an open mind and be willing to learn from Pryor as he will help you look at life completely differently.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment