24A

24A- Venture Concept - Business Name: Seat Check

The Opportunity:
The opportunity I have is the unmet need for college students around campus to find library availability and reserve seats. The average student has trouble finding seats in each library on campus, during specific times. My customer wants the convenience of the app, allowing them to reserve tables and check how many people are in each library and what seats are available. Although this product is not necessary, the convenience aspect is what will get customers to use my product. Students struggle to work on group projects by not having enough seats/room in their public library. Students also struggle with finding seats within their limited time period between classes, giving this app an edge. Although they don’t “need” it yet, once it is discovered it will be something they want.


The Innovation:
My solution to this issue is an app, allowing students to reserve tables, check availability of seats, and join study groups. Apps already exist like this, however, they involve social life or other aspects; but no app has revolved around the library. I think this broadens the customers. Not all students go out or are involved in any night life, but to succeed at a college such as the University of Florida, studying is a necessity. Thus, giving this opportunity a high advantage.


The Venture Concept:
This app will succeed because there is nothing like it. Users will be able to pay extra for tokens, tokens used to reserve rooms and a faster rate. Advertisers will also pay to advertise thier company on my app, particularly companies that are involved in the academic feild.


Resources:
I would say my most important resource is the amount of people I am surrounded with and m ability to get my product known. I have a background in marketing and social media and my social platform will allow me to reach customers and explain my product.


With this opportunity, I would hope to get my app across the world and on college campuses everywhere.

Comments

  1. I think this is a great idea what you have especially with how you’re going to make money. With the advertisements though you should add a feature to be able to pay a monthly fee to get rid of the ads since people wouldn’t like seeing them. Another thing I would suggest is that if people don’t end up wanting to pay you could possibly sell it to college campuses so you can include their libraries into your app just like tap ride has different colleges and we have to elect UF in order to use SNAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is a great idea! Especially during finals and midterms, the library is completely packed. Hearing your idea fleshed out again once again sold me on the concept and the need for its implementation. I think that your personal social capital, as well as your business plan being extremely sound, will definitely bring this project to life. I am a little unsure and wary of students paying extra to get faster seating (thought in a business sense, it makes sense), but I agree with Jake. Maybe selling it to the Universities themselves can provide the funding instead of individual custom offerings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment