23 A

23A - Your Venture’s Unfair Advantage

  1. Age - The generation I am growing up in helps out tremendously. I am surrounded by college kids, learning technology as it comes out, and being close to the target market. Somewhat rare. Yes, all students are around the same age group.
  2. Sign Language and Spanish knowledge - I took three years in each class, providing me with enough background to maintain a conversation, benefitting specific audience and customers. Rare. Hard to copy. No, only other people who could translate would be other people who spoke those languages.
  3. Social Media Fanatic - I am pretty tech savvy and have handled many social media accounts for different businesses, clubs, or organizations. Rare. Easy to learn. Yes.
  4. Captain of Softball Team - This has provided me with leadership skills, great for a business. Rare. Hard to copy. Leadership skills can be found through other people.
  5. Marketing Skills - Working for a boutique and representing them at multiple marketing events. Rare. Hard to copy. Yes, multiple other companies offer marketing help.
  6. Customer Service - I really think I am a people person, allowing me to have patience and deal with customer support. Somewhat rare. Easy to copy. Yes, customer service is the foundation of a business, so it could be found somewhere else.
  7. Connection to Financial Advisors - My family owns a financial advising business, providing me with trusted financial advice. Rare. Hard to copy. Yes, there are other financial advisors.
  8. Punctual - I am very concerned with anything job related, pressuring me to be on time. Somewhat rare. Easy to copy. Yes, other entrepreneurs can be punctual.
  9. Creative - I enjoy being original and creating things, helping me with coming up with new ideas for my business. Somewhat rare. Hard to copy. Yes, other entrepreneurs can be creative or a third party company.
  10. Being involved - being involved in Greek life and other organizations allows me to be open to large groups of people, broadening my audience. Somewhat rare. Easy to copy. Entrepreneurs can also be involved.

Comments

  1. You have a lot of personal social capital that makes you unique and a pretty hard entrepreneur to even begin to copy! However, what about the venture itself and your work capital is as unique as you are? That would've been interesting to hear about from you. Either way, like I mentioned, you have great skills that will surely set you up for success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am impressed with all the valuable qualities you posses. I have never seen someone discuss their ability to sign language but think this is rare and a very strong quality to set you apart from any other competitors in the field. Additionally, as you would be doing a start-up, it is a huge advantage to have such strong connections to those that can financially back you up. This felt like I was reading a resume of a very experienced individual and hope you continue to succeed in your venture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment