20A

Domain expert: Justin averett
Justin averett is a 25 year old entrepreneur who owns his own website and app development company. He studies algorithms, and helps customers with websites and creating applications. He works with an array of ecommerce companies, whether they are niche or large corporations across the U.S. He fills the spot as a domain expert because he does this everyday for a living, helping businesses create an online presence through apps and websites. My best friend Dyani works for him and his company, and she introduced me to him and his colleagues. We had a conversation on what he does, how apps are created. What good apps consist of , he gave me his time and knowledge about the ins and outs of creating an app and being successful, because he is passionate about what he does. He did this as a favor to his employee. With meeting justin I have an endless resource of the market for application creation, with having helped thousands of businesses, when I create my app for reserving seats at a library, He can help me every step of the way.

Expert in the market : Mike Johnson
Mike johnson has a business similar to mine, he made an app for people to reserve tables at restaurants. This is a very similar market because my app would reserve tables and study areas in a library. He has a background in web development and ecommerce businesses, marketing as well. I met mike through justin as well, they all work for imperium, on 1099 so part time employee, and part time running his app business. He showed me his app, some progress pictures of what the app used to look like, the updated features, how it works, etc. With his guidance I can run my app almost exactly the same way he does.


Supplier: Alex Baker
Alex baker is  a 22 year old website developer and has changed his focus to creating apps, he works with justin averett as the creator of the apps, designing them exactly how the customer is envisioning it. He is the supplier, because he creates applications, which  I need built. I met him through justin , it is one of his employees. He did me the favor of showing me how to create a basic app, the minimal knowledge I would need to make one, until I studied more coding and became an expert.

I simply chose to speak with this people, because I remembered where my friend worked, and I knew it would be the most beneficial for me to speak with experts of this app and online presence business. It helped me get a vision for what this will take, its no overnight process. I learned from real entrepreneurs that it takes consistency and commitment to learn anything, and I will need to invest more time in trial and error with this app. These three guys helped me get an overall idea of what I will need to know to get this business up and running. I created a few new connections on linkedin which is always great for networking!
Targeted networking is more direct, I plan to do it this way for the future.

Comments

  1. I think finding all three people from the same place was a good choice and you can get more in depth of creating the app. I think you gained some networking from that place especially from Mike who could be helpful when creating your app. I think targeted networking is more efficient as you know what specific people you need to talk to instead of talking to general people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you managed to work with one of your targeted networks to further network and find two other people (your market expert and supplier) in the same company to build your social capital. I think it shows that your network can always keep expanding and expanding, and any person you meet and construct a network with can be a crucial asset to you in the future. I am a fan of targeted networking as well and also plan to be using it more to accomplish my goals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment