14A Halfway Reflection

To Future Students 


1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

1. Although this course's work load is doable, it is time consuming. I have taught myself to be much more organized and punctual in order to get every assignment done on time. You will get out as much effort as you put into each assignment. 
2. There were several times in the beginning of the course where I planned poorly and was unsure if I was able to finish the assignment. Unlike most classes, each assignment is meaningful to me and actually teaches something, making me want to finish them. Over the course, I've learned to plan in a more timely manner. I haven't put in as much effort into school before, which is catching up to me, and this is the only class that has made me want to work harder. 
3. - Definitely keep a calendar. There are assignments due Friday and Sunday that can be done throughout the whole week. 
    - Keep the same effort throughout the entire semester. Each assignment will relate to each other, so if one is done at 50% it will relay throughout all of the future assignments. 
    - Realize that this class is here to help you. Although you are completing this course for credits, you will get so much more out of it if you have the right mindset.

Image result for motivational pic

Comments